Each Twitter list has a name. When you get added to that list you are identified by the list owner as belonging to that subject area. I am fascinated by the way different people see me.
Generally speaking the topical subjects accurately represent some facet of my life. I just find it interesting to see what lens a person chooses to see me through.
Below I sorted the listed into reasonable and sometimes questionable groups. I can see patterns and I think you will too.
I dare say that since the meaning provided here is created by others, it may provide a more accurate profile of JBS Partners than Linkedin. What do you think? Just skim the headings down the page.
Here is a sorted grouping of Twitter Lists that I find myself on.
Events that I attended:
- boston-podcamp5 PodCamp Boston – 26-27 September 2010, Microsoft R&D Park, 100 Memorial Drive, Cambridge
- boston-surfers Shortbord’s list of influential surfers in Boston, MA
- community-roundtable CR folk
- Cambridge SEO Meetup members. DM me if you should be on this list!
- podcamp-boston PodCamp Boston – 26-27 September 2010, Microsoft R&D Park, 100 Memorial Drive, Cambridge
- thecrlive-boston People who have joined us for #TheCRLive in Boston
- megatweetup 12.3.09 Megatweetup
- megatweetupstars All the Stars that are attending the #MegaTweetUP
- csne-members Content Strategy New England members and speakers.
- bizowners2 A custom list created by adding, subtracting or filtering existing lists (generated by @formulists)
Winchester, Boston, Massachusetts and New England:
- boston All about the hub
- boston bestofthebest tweeple in boston.
- boston Greater Bostonians
- boston What do you think?
- boston-2 More cool Twitterati from Boston
- boston-folks People worth following in Boston
- boston-people All things Boston – find deals, events, and other cool Boston stuff.
- people-co-boston-ne Interesting People and Companies in New England & Boston Area
- new-england New England related people – if you think you should be here let me know.
- new-england-marketers A collection of marketing professionals across New England.
- new-england-tweeps This is obviously a work in progress…lots more people to add.
- new-england-tweeters-21 All New England Tweeters, including businesses
- brand-related Brand related Accounts
- conversationlist A dynamic list rebuilt daily of the people you are talking to and about.
- conversationlist A dynamic list rebuilt daily of the people you are talking to and about.
- all-follow-back-499 These STAR PEEPS follow everyone back that follows them! You Must FOLLOW this list to be included!
- creatives Creative Twitter Users worth a mention. Follow them for some great inspiring tweets
- design Graphic designers, web designers, artists, highly visual people.
- design-and-dev-leaders Top influencers in dev and design
- big-web Combined list – “web design” “web-development” “wordpress”
- domaining-7 Domainer Focused
Lists of something good:
- don-t-miss-these The people @tamadear is most grouped together in lists with (generated by @formulists)
- formulists-filter-my-following A self-updating filtered list of people I follow (generated by @formulists)
- good-list A custom list created by adding, subtracting or filtering existing lists (generated by @formulists)
- kindred-spirits The people I am most grouped together in lists with (hatched by @formulists)
- list filtered list of people I follow
- tracy-falkelets The people @Tracy_Falke is most grouped together in lists with (generated by @formulists)
- thanks-for-listing-me A list of people who have added me to one or more of their lists (generated by @formulists)
- who-i-followed A self-updating filtered list of people I follow (generated by @formulists)
- whomyfriendsengagewith A list of people who talk with the people I talk to.
- mutual-friends A self-updating list of people who are followed by the people I follow (generated by @formulists)
- myfollowers A dynamic list rebuilt daily of the people following me
- cantmiss Great-content-great-folks
- custom-list A custom list created by adding, subtracting or filtering existing lists (generated by @formulists)
- favorite-tweeters List of favorite tweeters of Marsh Sutherland of Socialgrow.com
- followrate-plus-10-perc-3 >3000 following RATE 0,9-1 ers
- friends-of-craig People I generally like paying attention to in the twittersphere
- phritters These are the people that I always want to hear. I recommend them highly.
- review-list A list of twitter profiles I should have a better look at.
- seenatmileycyrusconcert The coolest twitters in the world I’ve run across
- the-real-deal People & companies who regularly talk with me or I’ve met
- the-usual-suspects-3 Nice people I have met in real life, gotten to know and wish I saw more of.
- tried-true Tweeple I’ve become acquainted with enough to recommend them to others
- verified-real-people People I have personally met OFFLINE, or family members thereof.
- veteran-tweeple Incredible Tweeple who have stood by me since the beginning
- coolpeoplei-vemet People on Twitter I actually know aren’t imaginary.
- cool-web-types SEO + Social Media+ Online Marketing+ PPC+Email Marketing+ Geeks+Tech = a General Twitter Elite
- love-to-chat-with Automated List of folks I recently tweeted with.
- pundants valuable information
- foursquare-users Foursquare users check out www.na4sq.com
- internet-marketing Collection of peeps and businesses in the internet marketing industry.
- internet-marketing SEO, SEM, IM, SMM, ORM…acronyms abound, but it’s all Internet Marketing.
- list-2-hosting-people-co People and Companies In the Web Hosting and Infrastructure Space
- marketing A self-updating filtered list of people I follow (made using @formulists)
- marketing-pros Those whose primary business is marketing
- ppc Pay Per Click (PPC) Twitter list. PPC list on Twitter for SEM. Twitter PPC list of people
- top-influencers This list is powered by Klout: http:
- redsox Boston Red Sox fans and writers. if you want on it or be removed: @DaigoFuji
Search Engine Optimization:
- search-and-social A collection of SEO, SEM, and Social Media pros on Twitter
- searchengine Search Engine
- searchengines Search engines industry – marketers, optimizers, engineers and gurus.
- sem-sm Search Marketing and Social Media
- seo people I respect in seo
- seo-custom-7 A list that is a customized clone of another list (generated by @formulists)
- seo-media-20 A custom list created by adding, subtracting or filtering existing lists (generated by @formulists)
- seo-ronin SEO settings themselves apart
- social-boston-friends Must follow Social people throughout Boston and the North East.
- socialindustry Members working in the social media or online community industry
- social-media-19 my favorite social, technical, fun and interesting tweeters
- social-media-surfers Shortbord’s list of influential surfers in the social media space.
- social-media-types List name says it all. Follow this list for social media news and tidbits.
- real-social-media-elite the elite of the elite – world-wide social media power user (via Osnapz & score.ly) + hand-picked
- newmedia All things social media, tech and new media related
- web-design Web designers and front-end web developers…
- digital-media-dynamos Makers of all things beautiful to the human eye.
- dev-community A list of developers, designers, agencies and other like-minds.
- wordpress Bloggers, developers, coders, designers, speakers, teachers, students – WordPress, BuddyPress, etc.
- wordpress Interesting members of the WordPress community.
- wordpress Klout Powered List
- top-wordpress-developers Mainly a list of coders and developers that work with WordPress, it’s themes, and or it’s plugins.
- wordpress WordPress designers and developers…
- klout-influencers-wordpress This list is powered by Klout: http:
- boston-wordcampers Everyone who’s registered to attend WordCampBoston, January 23rd.
- bostonwp BostonWP Meetup Folks
- wordpress-people People who enjoying talking about, and working with WordPress.
- all-wordcampers Speakers, panelists, sponsors, attendees, and founders, oh my.
- writers-seo Solid SEO writers, thinkers, doers, & everything in between
I would say that there are only a few possible mistakes. For example if someone is thinking that I live in LA, well that was decades ago, and only near LA. I was born there though. Content Strategy, I wish. I have a lot of respect for those talented content strategists.
It’s interesting to look at the proportions in each list. Strangely they are kind of accurate in some ways. I can see patterns. I am glad that there is a strong theme in what we might call the friendship area as well as the technical areas that I work in day in and day out.
What patterns do you see?
How are you communicating to a person when you put them on list? What are you saying?
Does this give you a better idea of what I do than my JBS Partners Linkedin Profile?
2 thoughts on “Twitter Lists Profile – Better than Linkedin”
RT @fairminder: Reviewing 220+ Twitter List titles provides a better business Profile than Linkedin for some. Are patterns accurate? http://bit.ly/h5zloh
Do 220 Twitter Lists that I am on create a more accurate profile than something I write because it is user generated? http://bit.ly/h5zloh
Comments are closed.